- You are entirely free to choose whether or not to provide your personal data to BQTA VZW/ASBL, but understand that certain services cannot be performed if you do not fill in your personal data on the registration, contact or order form or refuse the processing thereof.
2. Legislation and Responsibility
- BQTA VZW/ASBL, with registered office in BLOEMENDALLAAN 54, Brussels (hereinafter “BQTA VZW/ASBL”), complies with the “Law of 30 July 2018 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data”, as well as the anti-spam provisions of Book XII of the Code of Economic Law on the “law of the electronic economy”.
- You are solely responsible for the accuracy of the data you communicate to BQTA VZW/ASBL.
- BQTA VZW/ASBL is responsible for the processing of your personal data on this website.
4. Personal information that is collected
– BQTA VZW/ASBL can collect data from you (Personal Data) in different ways:
- during your registration and the use of this website
– The data collected automatically:
– Certain data can also be collected without being stored in cookies. They can only be read by BQTA VZW/ASBL and only during your visit to our website. It is about:
– the TCP/IP address
– the type and version of your navigation device
– the last visited internet page.
– The data you communicate to us during your registration and the use of the Website, if any:
– In the registration form for our newsletter on our website.
– In the contact form on our website.
5. Purposes of processing
Your personal information is collected to:
– Provide you with the service offered on our website, if necessary.
– Manage the technical administration of our website;
– After having made the data anonymous, compile statistics or conduct surveys regarding the number of visits to the various sections of our website.
Communication and forwarding to third parties
– Your personal data will be kept strictly confidential and will under no circumstances be disclosed to third parties, unless with your prior consent.
– In the event that BQTA VZW/ASBL reorganizes, transfers, ceases or if BQTA VZW/ASBL goes bankrupt, this may mean that your data will be transferred to new entities or third parties through which the business activities of BQTA VZW/ASBL will be conducted in whole or in part.
– BQTA VZW/ASBL will make reasonable efforts to inform you in advance that BQTA VZW/ASBL will disclose your data to the said third party, but you also acknowledge that this is not technically or commercially feasible under all circumstances.
– Upon request, your data can be provided to the competent authorities (Police and Justice) in case of serious violations of the law. In rare cases, BQTA VZW/ASBL may be required to disclose your Personal Data pursuant to a court order or in order to comply with other mandatory laws or regulations. BQTA VZW/ASBL will make reasonable efforts to inform you in advance, unless this is subject to legal restrictions.
6. Duration of data retention
- All personal data will be stored and processed by us for a period of time that is necessary in function of the purposes of the processing and in function of the contractual relationship between BQTA VZW/ASBL and you.
- If you have not had a contractual relationship with BQTA VZW/ASBL for 5 years, your customer profile will automatically be deleted.
7. Your rights
– Right of access and inspection:
You have the right at any time, free of charge, immediately and within 30 days to inspect your personal data, as well as the use that BQTA VZW/ASBL makes of your personal data.
– Right of rectification, deletion and limitation:
You are free to communicate or not to communicate your personal data to BQTA VZW/ASBL. In addition, you always have the right to request BQTA VZW/ASBL to correct, supplement or remove your personal data. You acknowledge that in case of refusal of notification or request to remove personal data, certain services and products are not available.
You may also ask to limit the processing of your personal data.
– Right of objection:
You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for serious and legitimate reasons.
In addition, you always have the right to object to the use of personal data for direct marketing purposes. In this case, you do not even have to give reasons.
– Right of free data transfer:
You have the right to obtain your personal data that are processed by BQTA VZW/ASBL in a structured, common and machine-readable form and/or to transfer them to other responsible parties.
– Right of withdrawal of consent:
Insofar as the processing is based on your prior consent, you have the right to revoke that consent.
– Exercise of your rights:
You may exercise your rights by contacting us, either by e-mail to INFO@BQTA.BE, by mail to BQTA VZW/ASBL, BLOEMENDALLAAN 54, or by using the contact page on our website, always enclosing a copy of your identity card.
– Automatic decisions and profiling:
The processing of your personal data does not include profiling, nor will we subject you to automated decisions.
– Right to complain:
You have the right to complain to the Data Protection Authority, Drukpersstraat 35, tel +32 (0)2 274 48 00, Fax +32 (0)2 274 48 35, e-mail: email@example.com.
This is without prejudice to a provision before a civil court.
If you should suffer damage as a result of the processing of your personal data, you can file a claim for damages.
8. Security and confidentiality
- BQTA VZW/ASBL has developed security measures that are adapted on a technical and organizational level in order to avoid the destruction, loss, falsification, alteration, unauthorized access or accidental notification to third parties of personal data collected on our website as well as any other unauthorized processing of these data.
- Under no circumstances can BQTA VZW/ASBL be held liable for any direct or indirect damage resulting from the incorrect or unlawful use of personal data by a third party.
- You must always and everywhere comply with the security regulations, including by preventing any unauthorized access to your login and code. After all, you are solely responsible for the use that is made from the website of your computer, IP address and your identification data, as well as for the confidentiality thereof.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text and number file that we store in your browser or on your computer’s hard drive. This allows us to remember your preferences when using our website.
Unless you have adjusted your browser settings so that it will reject cookies, our system will set cookies as soon as you visit our website.
However, cookies and similar technologies do not systematically collect data that could identify users of our website. They only help us to improve the operation of our website, understand the interests of our users and measure how effective the content of our website is.
Use of types of cookies
BQTA VZW/ASBL uses a number of cookies, which can be subdivided according to their origin, their function and their lifespan.
- First-party cookies are cookies placed by a website currently visited by the user. (For example, the cookies placed by bqta.be).
- Third-party cookies are cookies that are placed by a domain name other than that of our website visited by the user. If a user visits a website and a third party places a cookie through that website, then this is a third-party cookie (eg cookies placed by Google, Twitter and Facebook).
- Functional cookies are cookies that ensure that our website functions properly (e.g. cookies for log-in or registration, language preferences, shopping baskets, etc.). Functional cookies are logically first party cookies.
- Non-functional cookies are cookies that may be placed for statistical, social, targeting and commercial purposes. They have nothing to do with the purely technical support of our website. Cookies with statistical purposes enable us to determine which pages of our website you visit, where your computer is located, etc. Cookies with social purposes enable you as a user to share the content of the visited website directly with others via social media. Targeted cookies allow you to build a profile based on your surfing behavior so that the ads displayed are tailored to your interests. Commercial cookies keep track of how many and which advertisements were shown to a user. Non-functional cookies may be first-party or third-party cookies.
- Persistent cookies: These cookies remain on the user’s device for the duration specified in the cookie. They are activated each time the user visits our website that placed this cookie (e.g. cookies placed by social media such as Twitter, Facebook, Google Analytics, etc.). Most non-functional cookies are permanent cookies.
- Session cookies: These cookies allow a user’s actions to be simplified and linked during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser screen and ends when the user closes the browser screen. Session cookies are placed temporarily. As soon as you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted. Most functional cookies are session cookies.
If you wish to withdraw your consent, you must delete your cookies using your browser settings. For further information about deleting or blocking cookies, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=2.
Changing your browser settings
Please note that web browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings can usually be found in the ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ menu of your web browser. To better understand these settings, the following links may be useful. If not, you should consult the ‘Help’ function in your web browser for more details.
– Cookie settings in Chrome
– Cookie settings in Firefox
– Cookie settings in Safari
– Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
Learn more about cookies
Information about cookies
Further useful information about cookies can be found here: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Internet Advertising Agency
The association of digital marketers has drawn up a guide on online behavioral advertising and online privacy. You can find the guide here: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
10. Applicable law and jurisdiction clause